Have you ever wondered how so many celebrities have perfect teeth? Some we could understand, but all? They use porcelain veneers to make their teeth perfectly white, perfectly shaped and perfectly aligned. Porcelain veneers are becoming an increasingly popular way to make teeth beautiful.
Veneers can help fix:
||Chips and cracks in teeth
||Stained or naturally yellow teeth
||Different sized teeth
What is a porcelain veneer?
In furniture, wood veneers are thin pieces of perfect wood that cover the surface of cheaper wood. A dental veneer is a thin piece of porcelain in the shape of a perfect tooth that is attached to the front of a tooth.
How are porcelain veneers attached?
We prepare the front surface of the tooth by removing imperfections. Then we apply a solvent that will "rough up" the surface. This rough surface is perfect for the bonding agent that connects the veneer to the tooth.
Porcelain Veneer Cost
There are a few factors in considering the cost:
- Cost of alternatives:
- Braces take a lot more time and money to correct misaligned teeth.
- Crowns will always cost more per tooth.
- Whitening costs less than veneers, but it cannot guarantee the beautiful white of veneers. Plus your teeth will probably need other repair procedures to get the perfect shape and alignment of dental veneers.
- How many veneers are involved: Usually we do all the top teeth, all the bottom teeth or both the top and the bottom teeth. This is because a single perfect, white veneer looks strange next to the rest of your teeth.
- What is the state of your original teeth: Or, how much work do we have to do to prepare your teeth for veneers. The more work your teeth need the more it can cost.
Dental Veneers in Southeast Portland
If you live in the Milwaukee, Southgate, Brentwood-Darlington, Eastmoreland, Sellwood – Moreland or Brooklyn neighborhoods you should come to Spring Creek Family Dentistry. Contact our dental office today about dental veneers for your teeth.